Sunday, May 8, 2011

May Day, church and visiting friends





Today we drove just outside of the city to visit some of Jarek's friends. It was nice to see a little bit of the countryside. His friends were so nice and we loved their house. They have an open lot across the street from their house and we could buy the lot and build a house like theirs for the price of our condo. Hmmmmm............




Max playing at my feet. (Notice my slippers. You don't wear shoes in houses here -so smart- and people don't want their guests feet to get cold so they offer you slippers to wear)
Me, Jarek, Max, Zdenek, Ivana


And again, but with their son Andre instead of me.
Apparently he is some big-shot soccer player here.

Bedtime stories - The Little Mole (Krtecek). This book was a gift from Petr and Jana.
Loves for Blacky.


Maruska doing a clapping game with Max (Paci Paci Pacicky). When I was trying to find some Czech children's songs for Max I came across this clapping song. I asked Jarek about it and, just like the painted eggs, he told me that he didn't know that song and had never heard it before. So, once again I was delighted when I heard Maruska sing this song with Max. Maybe my husband didn't really grow up in the Czech republic.......

This picture is hanging in the guest room/office where we are sleeping. I just love it. It's a picture of Jarek's paternal grandparents. They look so happy and content and in love. He said they were, that his grandpa was faithful to his grandma until she died. Very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment