Saturday, May 7, 2011

Downtown (April 29)





Today we decided to go to downtown Ostrava. We had a good day. We rode the tram, saw the sights and ate some authentic Czech food. And Jarek got a free Kofola glass which I think made this whole trip worth it for him.


I love Europe! In the US you never get a free pair of pants with your magazine.




Max is taking this trip in stride. He spends a lot of time in his stroller, but as you can see he doesen't seem to mind it at all. I love when he is so relaxed he puts his hands behind his head. And then when he is ready to see the sights he kicks his feet up on the rail. What a trooper.

Max and Jarek on the train to downtown.
This is the square downtown. I love the colored buildings. I also love the coblestone roads (although they certainly weren't made with strollers in mind).


We wanted to eat out in an official restaurant so I asked the lady at the visitor's center what she recommended. (First I asked her in Czech if she spoke English. Luckily she did because that is pretty much the extent of my Czech.)
Jarek fell in love with this glass. He asked the waitress where he could buy one and she said he could just take that one. I don't know if I have ever seen him happier.
Nozdravi! (Cheers!)




My dinner.
Our desert. The waitress asked if we each wanted our own and of course we did. She didn't tell us that they came two to a plate. Oh well, its not like we are in downtown Ostrava everyday so we ate them all anyway.
And this is a paprazi shot of the "authentic" Czech apperal.



Just some things I liked.................






Max and Jarek on the train home.

No comments:

Post a Comment