Friday, April 29, 2011

Flight and Arrival (April 23-24)

We have arrived! I have to say that considering that it was 20 hours of traveling from the time we left our house until we arrived at Jarek's parents the trip went well. We didn't get the bassinet on the plane which made things a little harder but it was still managable. Max slept on my lap for about 6 hours of the first 9 hour flight. He got tired being held and was very happy when he had his own seat so Jarek and I spent some time walking around so he could have my seat for a while.





We had just long enough in Paris to make our way through the airport and figure out how to get on our next flight. It was less than two hours and Max had his own seat so it was a great flight. We then took a 3 hour train ride to Ostrava and I wish I had taken a picture because Max was so cute looking out the window. But my camera was in my bag and I didn't have the energy to get it out. The train was awesome! So relaxing. And the countryside was so beautiful looking out of the big windows. Jarek's step mom (Maruska) and his step-sister (Romana) picked us up at the train station and took us the short drive to his parent's house. It was night time when we arrived and we had all had very little sleep for the past 24 hours so we all fell right to sleep. Even Max. I woke up first and I found myself doing what I did when Max was a newborn: watching him sleep. Only now he is a lot more entertaining because he moves a lot and ends up in all sorts of funny positions.










No comments:

Post a Comment